Katmen — who is that? The professional of the business is engaged in psychological and physical preparation of the fighter for a duel and to those difficulties he will face.
necessary to work katmen mainly in combat sports. In boxing, it is forbidden to continue fighting if the boxer has some types of injuries, abundant bleeding or wounds. Katman must make it so that the fighter fully complies with all regulations for the beginning/continuation of the duel. He should make his ward combat-capable.
A catman’s salary depends entirely on the athlete’s income. It usually amounts to a few percent of the fighter’s fee. A true professional is able to become the main mentor for his ward.
Features of the profession
In Russia, the profession of katmen has just begun to gain popularity. It actually has a fairly rich history. In a long time, professionals were engaged in that burning to fighters wounds, stopped bleeding and opened hematomas. As sports developed and medicine opportunities expanded, katmen became involved mainly in tapping. But the name of the profession at the same time it was decided to keep
The duties of employees include:
- Processing injuries medical care not only between rounds, but also after the end of the duel.
- Watching the battle. This is necessary to reduce the risk of serious injury.
- Handling the skin of his ward’s face before the fight.
- Teiping not only hands, but also other parts of the body, if permitted by regulations.
In order to perform their duties professionally, a catman can use those medicines and drugs that are not prohibited. In the presence of the worker has a rather interesting tool — “iron”. With it, the catman cools wounds and reduces bleeding.
Advantages of the profession
- Every day in Russia the profession becomes more and more in demand. And in America, it’s been popular for a long time.
- knowledge required to work as a katman can be applied in other sports fields as well.
- Professionals of their business get a good salary.
- It is possible to travel to different cities and countries.
Disadvantages of profession
- The work of a katman implies some responsibility for the health of his ward.
- professional must maintain the maximum concentration for a long period of time.
- We need to be able to make good decisions very quickly.
- profession is associated with a serious psychological burden.
- There is no such thing as an eight-hour workday. The catman has an unnormal work schedule.
- The worker is responsible for the result of the fight
What qualities should a catman possess?
- foremost, the profession implies the presence of knowledge in the field of medicine.
- Katman should be well versed in tapping matters. Also, he has a duty to know the rules of battle.
- A professional must always be collected, focused. Psychological resilience is very important.
- Katman should be able to assess a ward’s health risk during combat. It is he who makes the decision, stop the duel or continue.
- The worker must be able to determine the physical strength and endurance of an athlete.
- Jacob Durand is an accomplished American mentor. According to his idea, the film project “Nightmare of Boxers” was created. In addition to his main work, he is also a radio presenter.
- Dmitry Luchnikov is an experienced Russian catman. He founded his own school, in which he teaches the intricacies of his profession to all comers.
Katmen is an important, promising and quite difficult profession. If a person does not know how to make responsible, correct decisions in a matter of seconds, it means he is better to choose another activity.