Occupation involves working at night if clubs are involved. But the bartender is able to find work in cafes, too, which open in the mornings. The main thing is that there is a bar. At the present stage, bartenders also occupy the preparation of coffee.
There is an opinion that the profession of bartender originated in the 19th century. There was this event in American cities during the “gold rush” period. At that difficult time, recreational areas were opened in settlements for miners, which later became known as bars. That’s where the bartenders worked.
Bartender is quite interesting, but peculiar profession. The employee must understand not only alcoholic beverages, but also cocktails. He has a duty to know how to create them. Also, the bartender should be able to advertise drinks. Otherwise they simply won’t be bought.
Profession implies the presence of communication skills. If the bartender can’t talk the client, support the conversation with him, so he won’t last long at work.
About who the bartender is is known to many. The profession is quite popular not only in America, but also in Russia. Also, many films feature bartenders one way or another. And in some projects they are the main actors.
What should a professional do?
- The main duty of the bartender is to prepare drinks. They can be both alcoholic and non-alcoholic.
- The worker must be able not only to prepare cocktails, but also to create new ones, develop their own recipes.
- The bartender sells not only drinks, but also snacks to them.
- The employee is required to keep the bar clean.
- The professional of his business should make calculations and be able to work with the cash register.
- It is the bartender who makes requests for the supply of all necessary drinks and components for the preparation of cocktails. Therefore, his list of responsibilities includes interaction with suppliers.
- The bartender should be able to communicate with people.
Real professionals of their business also shakers juggle are able to arrange a show with fire. But the usual preparation of cocktails is often enough to attract the attention of customers.
merits of the profession
- Work is very interesting. Periodically you have to show all your creative abilities to attract customers and earn as many tips as possible.
- The work will appeal to anyone who likes to communicate.
- Don’t have to get a higher education to work as a bartender. It is enough to pass courses
- There are all necessary conditions for decent earnings.
- Being able to mix drinks and juggle shakers, you can become the hero of any party.
Disadvantages of the profession
- Very busy working schedule. Not every person is capable of working in a similar mode.
- It’s unlikely to be suitable for people who don’t like to communicate.
- You have to work with very expensive drinks. One awkward move and you can forfeit your salary.
- You have to constantly listen to stories about other people’s problems.
- It is necessary to have a very good memory to remember the recipes of all drinks
- Working as a bartender, it is necessary to have powerful willpower to not consume drinks. At the same time, many customers will be encouraged to drink with them.
Bartender is quite a difficult profession. It implies a serious psychological burden that not everyone can cope with. In addition, the employee must have a sense of taste, an excellent glazomer and a good sense of smell. All this is necessary for the preparation of drinks.
Before you get a job as a bartender, you should think carefully, weigh all the advantages and shortcomings. Perhaps this profession is completely unsuitable for you.