How to abandon major repair


First, representatives of the management company bypass the house, inform residents about the upcoming renovation and in response want to receive them consent. But in the event that you decide to give it up, no one will be forced. You will need to simply sign the appropriate waiver documents, which will be provided by the employees of the company.


Even if you refused major repairs, prevent work on the general household property, which includes risers of water supply, heating and sewers, you have no right. The representative of the management company has the right to apply to the courts and obtain legal right of access to your apartment.


Refusing repairs on general house property is not recommended as it may happen that you will be left without heating and watering.$ The reason for this may be the lack of technical ability to use old and new equipment. In addition, all pipe replacement works are done at the expense of the management company, and you have no right to demand even a penny.


If you are confident that your old pipes for another twenty years can do without major repairs, you can refuse to replace them completely. In this case, you will have to sign the opt-out documents. Such documents usually contain a clause that in the event of a burst of pipes or any other accident in your apartment, you will be obliged to fully compensate all those affected by your fault tenants.


In some cases, the management company may write one small but very nasty item into the overhaul documents. If the municipal accident happens in those apartments whose owners signed a refusal to repair, it will be necessary to pay for elimination of consequences for absolutely everyone living in this building. Therefore, think carefully before signing a deed of refusal to carry out overhaul of your apartment.

Leave a Comment