According to the medical dictionary, depression is a painful condition manifested by mental (depressed mood, slowing mental processes) and physical (decreased general tone, slow motion, digestive disorders, sleep) disorders.
Depression has several conditions – from weak, similar to bad mood due to changing weather, to pronounced, with sharp bursts of emotion. Acute depressive state may result from a combination of several stresses or a long stay in a stressful situation. In many cases, the depth of immersion is influenced by our “underlovedness” as a child. Remember when you were sick, you were sorry. Diving into depression, you on an unconscious level once again want to relive these emotions.
Depression is a disease that needs to be treated, it leads to loss of life benchmarks and can completely change a person’s life for the better. Human is hormonal biochemistry. During depression there are changes at the chemical level, sometimes unreturnable, they lead to oncology, diabetes and other diseases closely related to the psyche. In this article, I will reveal the stages of self-sustaining depression. A person immersed in depression has two options for development: one is to plunge into it definitively and drown, the second is to gradually emerge from it. My system of getting out of depression consists of six stages, which will require minimal volitional effort. Don’t rush and make sharp “moves”. It is necessary to get out of depression slowly, anchoring each stage. Hurry or cluttering at once all stages can only aggravate the situation, a person finally puts his hands down, cultivating guilt.
- The first stage is to acknowledge the fact that you have a disease that needs to be treated. The goal of the stage is to understand that negative chemical processes occur that lead to more complex diseases.
- The second stageis to compile a list of relatives, friends, acquaintances with whom you have developed friendly communication. The goal of the stage is to free your brain from “superfluous” thoughts, to verbalize them – to translate them into a verbal form. The main thing in this communication is to understand that you need to speak out, now it is the primary hidden need. At this stage, some people will refuse to communicate with you. But you don’t have to focus on that. They all have their own problems too. But the rest of us will remain your friends for life. If there are no such people, then use the notebook.
- The third stageis to make a list of the people you most often talked to. Analyze it, consider which of them is taking your energy and who is sharing it with you. Exclude from further communication those people from whom you get more negative emotions than positive ones.
- The fourth stage – get into creativity, try to do something with your hands. And that something has to have the end result. For example, men collect models of cars, repair the house, women create clothes, pour candles, create jewelry.
- The fifth stageis to take care of your body. Analyze the state of your body, take a notebook and describe it. Below, write how you can change what you don’t like in your body. It’s about physical condition, not plastic surgeries. Daily walks are required. At this stage it is necessary to adjust nutrition, eliminate fast carbohydrates, increase the amount of plant food. It’s time to engage awareness. Mindfulness helps include will, it defines goals — the first steps to the meaning of life. During a period of depression, a person devalues his life, awareness helps in a positive perception of the world around him.
- The sixth stageis to study. These can be courses, seminars, trainings or even university education. This stage has two main goals: to force the brain to create replacement neural connections; to change the circle of social communication, to raise it to a higher level.
Being in a depressive state, it is very important to resist taking antidepressants. Believe me, external intervention will not solve your internal problems, they will have to deal with, there is no magic pill.
To sum up the above. The depression exit algorithm consists of 6 steps:
1. Recognition of disease;
2. Expression (residence) of feelings;
3. Analysis of environment and exclusion of superfluous;
4. Transfer of attention to motor skills – creative activities;
5. Analysis of physical condition and its correction;
6. Creating conditions for growth, new social ties.
At all stages it is necessary to use the energy resources surrounding you.