Photographic memory is also called eidetic. It is a unique phenomenon of the human brain. With its help you can remember all the people met, the smallest details of various events, the text of books read and much more.
aren’t many people with eidetic memory. But it can be developed. Naturally, all the abilities that people with an innate skill have, you will not possess. But thanks to regular exercise you will be able to significantly improve your memory.
In your training of photographic memory should include this technique. There is an opinion that Aivazovsky was able to reproduce the seascape seen with almost 100 percent accuracy. That is why his paintings were realistic.
A little later, psychologists developed a method aimed at developing photographic memory. It was named after a famous marinist painter. You need to do the following:
- select one item;
- consider it carefully within 5 minutes;
- close your eyes and draw an item in your thoughts, describe it in
- In the smallest detail; open your eyes and see what was wrong;
- if there were inaccuracies — repeat the exercise;
- if you didn’t make mistakes — take a more complex subject and reduce the observation time.
Game of association and analysis of text
How to develop photographic memory? Learn in your mind to form associations. For example, Santa Claus in our memory is firmly connected with winter, holiday and gifts. Your job is to create similar connections.
Associations must be non-standard, original, bright and ringing. Otherwise, they can just be forgotten.
Memorizing text is another fine exercise for photographic memory. It is necessary to print plain text on one sheet. On the second sheet it is necessary to print the same text, but with 2-3 new words. This task must be performed by another person.
You need to read the original version of the text, remember it, and then take the second sheet and find those words that were added later. During photographic memory training, you can add more words and reduce the time to remember.
- On one table, place multiple matches at random. It is desirable that there are not too few, but also not many. 6 will suffice. Remember their position, then turn away and place other matches on the other surface in exactly the same position. It should be done by memory. Then compare the two pictures.
- While going to the store or on your way to work, try to remember objects encountered. You must count houses, trees, signs, benches, etc. On the way back, repeat the procedures. The figures obtained must match.
- Change routes regularly. For example, go to work on one road, and come back on another.
- More often visit places you haven’t been to before.
- Read a certain text several times before bedtime, and try to repeat it.
By developing a phenomenal memory, you discover new opportunities. It will be easier to achieve success in all spheres of life. However, do not forget about the harm. If you get carried away with memory development too much, internal images can overshadow reality over time.