In antiquity the clothes were decorated exclusively with embroidery. Simple needle and threads in the hands of the craftsmen created amazing patterns in beauty. Uneasy art required considerable attention and patience. Over the years, embroidery techniques improved, new techniques appeared. However, both the peculiarities and idiosyncrasies persisted.
During the study of the history of Vladimiro-Suzdal principality fragments of garments decorated with amazing sewing were found. The stitches on the obverse were long. Only contours were viewed on the wear side. Archaeologists have found even fastening long stitches shallow.
In the village of Mstera, in the 18-19th centuries, the nuns decorated linen with gold threads. These masters are called rhodochiks of the Vladimir seam. The nuns trained the art of the neighborhood inhabitants, only expensive gold threads replaced then with more accessible red ones.
The patterns looked like large leaves and flowers embroidered with long stitches. Overhead grids of bright shades of blue and green filled the earrings. Black, beige, brown and yellow tones were allowed.
To save on the obverse were located most of the threads, leaving from inside out only a little visible dotted. Therefore Vladimirskaya glad also got the second name, verseshov.
A distinctive sign of that type of needlework was one-sided sewing with small stitches. Various techniques were used to make parts.
Large elements embroidered with iron, for stem — stem seam, and seredinka — mesh. The theme remains unchanged: plant motifs in red and white tones, sometimes only you can see birds.
Threads are most often modern taken by wool masters and folded into several layers of fouline or “iris”. Usually the pattern is framed with a pattern border in the form of repeated twigs or bushes.
Crafts implies several variants of iron, double-sided, with decking, plain. Simple iron is performed on the front side with long stitches. Two-sided looks the same on both sides.
Carry out stitches of the following types:
- “With decking” to give the element volume. To do this, the outline is stitched with simple stitches, and the surface, from the middle to the edge, is performed with iron.
- “ Paws” appellation was given by resemblance to bird marks. Usually reception is used to fill gaps in major details.
- “ Forward needle” is applied, wanting to perform decking for bulk elements.
- “ Stem seam” – for thin stems, twigs. The fabric is pierced diagonally and at the top.
- “ Goat” is associated with the cross, as stitches cross each other from below and above. There are no stitch size requirements.
Traditionally the fabric is used linen, unbleached. Embroidered with white, one-sided and double-sided iron. For the former, only white thread tone is used. This embroidery is typical for the decoration of bed linen and towels. On top of the decking outline the contours of the future pattern with the seam “forward needle”.
decking is then covered by the surfaces of large floristic elements. The final drawing is applied on top. Begins needlework with sharp tips, passing to the edges from the center. Just to form flowers, stitches are placed towards the center of the edges. An overhead mesh implies a hollow filling of a sereread. It usually looks like a symmetrical located collection of small details. Sometimes long stitches are placed vertically or horizontally when filled.
To preserve the beauty of the work for a long time, it is important to properly care for the product:
- the fabric is washed in warm water with detergents without bleach.
- For machine washing, pre-needlework is placed in a special bag or pillowcase.
- Be sure to rinse carefully.
- Wriggle out the washed-out thing through a terry towel.
- Ironed from the wear side through the cotton fabric on a soft towel.
It is forbidden to fold wet embroidery. It is definitely spread out to dry well.