Increase body temperature may be due to different causes, such as a result of a viral disease or an inflammatory process caused by trauma, due to nerves and stress. In any case, when the grader shows frightening values, it is necessary to resort to special drugs that will help alleviate the condition. To bring down the high temperature, remedies such as ibuprofen, aspirin or paracetamol are usually chosen.
The drug is included in various popular medicines. It is among the non-steroidal drugs that have the ability not only to lower body temperature, but also to influence inflammatory processes in the body.
Ibuprofen is considered a strong but not the safest drug. It has many contraindications, including, for example, rhinitis, blood, liver and kidney diseases, heart failure and GI pathology.
This antipyretic agent is quite effective, but it should be given with care to children. In addition, ibuprofen negatively affects the gut and stomach. The medication can cause digestive disorder, nausea, abdominal pain.
medication is not recommended to be used for pregnant and nursing women. Gently aspirin should be given to children to lower the temperature. Doctors are not advised to choose this medication if the child is not already 14-15 years old.
Aspirin belongs to the class of non-steroidal drugs. The medication not only combats elevated temperature, but also has anti-inflammatory and painkiller properties. Deciding to be treated with aspirin, it is better to choose the form of release medication in the form of effervescent tablets. This will help reduce the likelihood of developing side actions.
It is not recommended to resort to aspirin if there are serious problems with the gastrointestinal tract. The remedy can provoke nausea, diarrhea, abdominal pain, exacerbate existing GI disease. In case of individual intolerance of the drug, it is better to refrain from taking this antipyretic drug when prone to allergic reactions.
Paracetamol is a popular component of many virus control tools. It is believed that this remedy is not only effective, but also well tolerated by different groups of patients. Paracetamol is not prohibited from giving in childhood to bring down the rising temperature.
In most cases, the said medication does not provoke breathing problems, does not cause heartburn, nausea or digestive disorders. However, paracetamol, just like other antipyretic drugs, still has a number of contraindications and some likelihood of developing adverse reactions. Especially when the medication is taken incorrectly, in large doses or too long.
Refusing treatment with paracetamol is necessary if a person has an alcohol addiction. In addition, it is not recommended to use this antipyretic in case of kidney or liver problems, with hypersensitivity to the components of the drug.
The basic rules for the reception of antipyretic agents
- It is possible to knock down the temperature when the indicators on a degree exceed the mark of 38.4-38.5 degrees.
- Before taking any antipyretic medication, it is necessary to carefully examine the instructions and, if possible, consult your doctor.
- You cannot abuse antipyretic drugs, exceed the maximum dosages given in the instructions. Treatment by any means should not last longer than 5 days. If there are no improvements, you need to see a doctor.
- Reception of the funds should be in 5-8 hours.
- Refuse of the chosen temperature-lowering medication is necessary if suddenly there are severe adverse reactions, allergies.
- Any pills that knock down the temperature should be filled with plenty of clean drinking water. The antipyretic drugs are not combined with tea, coffee, juices.
- It is not recommended to drink medicine on a hungry stomach.
- It is not possible against the background of treatment with antipyretic agents to consume alcohol in any form and quantity. There is a risk of developing acute intoxication.
- It is forbidden to drink antipyretic drugs in the course or for the purposes of prevention. They are for emergency treatment only.