How to prepare mushrooms
Compared to other mushrooms preparing chanterelles for drying is extremely simple. They are not worms in principle. Therefore, they are limited to dry cleaning, scraping with a knife particles of soil, moss, needles, other external contaminants. If there is a lot of dirt, you can wipe it with a damp clean rag. But washing chanterelles before drying is a very bad idea, they soak up moisture like a sponge.
The process of drying chanterelles
Dry is usually whole mushrooms. An exception is made for the largest instances. They are cut into 2-4 pieces along the plates.
The process stretches for 7-12 days, depending on the size of the mushrooms. Chanterelles are simply strung on a thick thread and spread or spread on a clean cloth, paper in one layer in a suitable place – dry, warm and well ventilated. Not suitable as a “substrate” newspaper (typographical paint contains lead). Several times a day, chanterelles flip so they dry faster and more even.
possible to dry them outside, but necessarily protecting against direct sunlight and insects. The chanterelles are covered with gauze, cloth, suitable place for drying – under the canopy, on the veranda.
In the oven How
to dry chanterelles in the oven:
- Heat it to 50ºC.
- Place inside a baking tray with chanterelles spread on it in one layer so that they do not come into contact with each other.
- Dry mushrooms 1.5-2 hours in the oven with a 4-5 cm door open.
- Remove the baking tray, gently stir the chanterelles, re-place it in the oven for another 40-50 minutes, increasing the temperature to 60-65ºC.
- Take out the baking tray again and stir the mushrooms, bring them to ready.
The exact time of chanterelles drying is difficult to determine. It depends on their number, size, age, weather conditions at the time of collection. Ready mushrooms retain color, bend easily, but do not crumble and break, only if you make an effort.
In the microwave
The method is suitable if chanterelles are not too much:
- Spread the mushrooms on a suitable dish.
- Place it in the microwave for a maximum of 15-20 minutes, setting power no more than 180 watts.
- After the specified time, get the dish, drain the evaporated water.
- Let the microwave ventilate (5-7 minutes).
- Repeat drying as many times as it takes until water stops forming.
In the process of drying in the microwave, when chanterelles are almost ready, you need to watch carefully not to burn them.
In a special dryer
Many electric dryers have a special mode for mushrooms. In this case, the answer to the question of how to dry chanterelles is very simple — it is enough to include it. Otherwise, chanterelles are kept in the dryer for about 3 hours at 50ºC. They are then given 1.5-2 hours to cool, and brought to ready, increasing the figure to 60ºC. It is possible to determine that chanterelles dried up by weight – it decreases by 9-10 times compared to the original.
The process of drying chanterelles carries well, useful properties in the process are not lost. Store ready mushrooms in canvas or paper bags, in a dry cool room. Nearby should not be any products with pungent odors – chanterelles easily absorb them.