Opara, starter, sourdough. As soon as not called the home counterpart of yeast, grown exclusively from natural products. Any, even a novice hostess, can make rye sourdough. To do this you just need to follow the cooking instructions.
- 200 g rye flour
- 200 g water
Instructions for preparation of rye sourdough for bread
- Proterilize the tank, volume 1 l.
- Put 50g of rye flour in a dry jar. Pour there the same 50 g boiled water, room temperature. Stir the mass with a clean spoon. Cover the neck of the container with food film, puncture it with a needle of 2 small holes. This is necessary for the proper development of sourdough. She has to breathe. Leave the jar in a dark place for a day. A locker in the kitchen or bathroom is suitable. There is a comfortable temperature.
- After exactly one day, the opar needs to be fed. To do this, you need to remove the film and pour into a jar of 50 g of rye flour, pour 50 g of water. Stir thoroughly. Don’t forget the tape. Put everything in the same locker. Small air bubbles will begin to appear in the opar. This suggests that the fermentation process has begun and sourdough develops. A specific acidiplink will appear in the smell.
- necessary to wait one more day and repeat manipulation – 50 g flour, 50 g water, stir, remove in a dark place.
- Repeat all the same after 24 hours. Before you remove the jar in a familiar place, you can make a mark on it by specifying the level of sourdough. This soon comes in handy to track the growth of domestic yeast.
- This action scheme must be performed at the same time, for five days. The opara should be bubbling, airy. To understand whether it is ready will allow the speed of growth of sourdough. Here the tag put on the bank comes in handy. 2 hours after the addition of flour and water, the rye starter should show signs of life, forming bubbles of air. The mass should be doubled at least. If this does not happen, you will have to continue growing the sourdough according to the usual pattern of another days-two.
Opara is able to live long months. To keep the sourdough active, it needs to be fed once a week. To do this, you will have to take 2 tbsp of mass from the jar, and in return add 2 tbsp of rye flour and 3 tbsp of water. Stir and put in the fridge on the bottom shelf. With long storage of the jar with opara, it is not very convenient to cover the film, it is better to provide a plastic cover. It needs to make 2 holes with a knife.
From this couple you can bake bread at least every day. It turns out delicious, fragrant, as in childhood, and most importantly, useful. Once you have tried to make bread from such sourdough, shop baking will no longer want.