- For six servings:
- – 500g boiled beets;
- – 3 eggs (for vegetarians can be replaced with one banana);
- – 120g corn flour;
- – 100 ml olive oil;
- – 4 tbsp liquid honey or sugar;
- – grated ginger, cinnamon, baking powder, vanilla extract;
- – juice from half orange, zest 1 orange.
- For the cream:
- – 400 ml oily sour cream;
- – powdered sugar, vanilla extract.
Rub the boiled beetroot on a grater or grind it in a blender. Separate the yolks from the proteins. In the beetroot add to taste ginger, honey, olive oil, vanilla extract, yolks, cornmeal, zest and juice of orange, baking powder. Stir everything carefully.
Whisk the proteins in a strong foam with a pinch of salt, enter them into the beetroot dough. Lubricate the joint form with olive oil, lay out the dough in it, bake at 190 degrees 40-60 minutes. Check the pie readiness with a wooden stick.
All ingredients for the cream whisk nicely. Add vanilla extract and icing sugar to taste, but it is better not to make the cream too sweet.
Cut the pie into the corgis and smear them with cream or simply lubricate them with the top of the pie. Be sure to let the beetroot pie on cornmeal with orange stand in the fridge for 1-2 hours.