What is a vulva

Regular visit to a gynecologist is mandatory for women of any age, but it is still worth knowing some nuances of your own body.

What is a vulva, then?


vulva is the sexual organs of a woman, expressed by anatomical language—the sexual domain of a woman. This area is located outside and includes the pubis, labia, clitoris, vagina. The genital area in women is reasonably sensitive. The vulva is supplied with blood due to the external and internal artery.

During the examination, the gynaecologist palps the vagina with the use of medical mirrors. If more detailed examination is required, colposcope is applied, smears are taken as well as surface scrapers. These procedures are prescribed in the event of inflammatory processes of the vulva and the presence of affected areas. Histological and radioisotope studies may be recommended in addition to the examination.

It is important to visit a gynecologist necessarily at least twice a year. If there is a slightest discomfort, do not self-medicate, and immediately contact a specialist.

Diseases, damage, pathology pathology

may be congenital, for example, at birth there may be no aperture of the hymen, that in the future can lead to disturbances in the structure of organs.

Vulva injuries are just as possible. These include bumps, injuries in fall, hematomas, swelling and, even wounds.

As a first aid for hematomas and swelling, apply a sterile bandage or something cold (for example, wrap ice cubes in a sterile bandage). Then immediately seek help from the clinic, or call an ambulance.

Many vulva diseases, such as vulvitis or eczema, tend to begin their current in conjunction with the itching sensations. It is also possible to create small cells that can be caused both by diphtheria and occur due to infections of various kinds.

In the field of female genitalia it is also possible to appear tumors, which can initially develop quite quietly, quietly and without any visible symptoms. To exclude the presence of tumors, pass a special examination, which must be adjusted by a specialist.

Diseases are quite a lot, so there can be only one advice – consult a gynaecologist regularly.

Leave a Comment