Pressed amber jewellery is not a novelty. For manufacture use stone crumb and pieces of material of low quality. The result is obtained in the process of compression in vacuum under the influence of high temperatures of the original materials.
Manufacture of pressed products
The finished product has a lot in common with real amber, but there are also differences. The main is color. In imitation it is uneven, with contrasting color transitions. The sharpness of alternating in the process of producing matte and transparent pieces of stone is explained.
impossible to call pressed amber synthetic, but also the properties of natural material in it a little: there is no warm shine, transparency is small.
To obtain moulding take small pieces of the highest quality copies. Production takes place in several stages:
- Grinding material into powder.
- Filling into a special container with limited air access.
- Conversion to tractive mass by high temperature.
- Adding, if necessary, to the substance, dyes, moulding of the product.
Types of imitation
With real stones more similar reconstructed amber obtained by the pairing of several large minerals. It has the same characteristics and properties as natural gems.
Three varieties of imitation of sunstone are known:
How to distinguish the original from the copy
of Epoxy Products with real stones have nothing in common. If the items heat a little and rub lightly, the fragrance they release chemical and caustic. The original in such conditions smells like needles.
There are other differences:
- In pressed amber, air bubbles are the same size and shape. In natural material they are arranged chaotic and vary in size.
- Plastic counterfeiting gives out high transparency and uniformity of coloration. In the structure of sunstone there are inclusions, small cracks are possible.
- Carrying the needle on the surface leaves a mark, the thin shavings are removed. The self-color is real at such a check crumbles.
- On a piece of glass, unlike natural amber, there will be no trace of copper needle. This imitation distinguishes greater weight from real stones.
Authentication by skilled means
Natural stone passes light, the pressed rays of the sun do not reflect. In its structure there is a noticeable spiral or rectilinear arrangement of the material.
In the moulded ambroid, dye clots are noticeable. In the areas of contact with the ether, the color changes.
During intense friction, pieces of lint and pieces of paper are attracted to real amber. Natural material produces the aroma of resin, needles.
When applied to a burning gas burner, the plastic smokes and melts, emitting a caustic smell.
If you immerse natural stone products in a solution of 100 g of salt and 500 ml of water, noticeably slow immersion. A copy of the glass sinks at once. Dissolves the plastic analog acetone. This check does not respond to natural amber.