Color therapy or chromotherapy is an impact on a person’s psycho-emotional and physical condition using a color scheme.
This impact is reflected in all human affairs, in his appearance, behavior and even susceptibility or opposition to disease. Color background affects mood, general physical condition, appetite; improperly selected, it can drive in a state of depression or anxiety, cause fatigue and drowsiness or, conversely appeasement and tranquility, promote quiet sleep and positive disposition.
This is due to the fact that each color stimulates the operation of certain areas of the brain and pituitary gland, resulting in the production of different hormones. This knowledge was systematized as early as 1923 by Max Lucher and formed the basis of a human psychodiagnostic test.
It is important during the renovation and change of the design of the apartment, drawing up a wardrobe and even when buying small things that will surround every day, to seriously approach the choice of color scheme. This will help avoid a lot of problems in the future.
Because women have more strongly developed visual receptors that are responsible for color perception, they are most susceptible to color influence than men.
Recently, employers have become seriously thinking about the color solution of employee jobs. Correctly chosen gamma allows you to increase the total length of work, cause positive emotions from the work done and create a general favorable attitude towards the organization. Thus, work turns for a person not into an agonizing daily process, but a way of development and personal growth.
Marketers and advertisers have long used the color scheme in the elaboration of advertising prospectuses, the design of storefronts, the packaging of goods. This allows you to influence customers by forcing you to pay attention to a particular product directly in the store or when watching commercials.
Each person is individual and their perception of color differs from other people due to personality characteristics, but one can distinguish general trends of exposure to color scheme.
Effecting on energy centers, this color is a pathogen for any person. It is able to energize for the whole day, increase overall activity and ability to work, influence increase appetite, speed up heartbeat, intensify muscle activity.
At the same time, the abundance of shades of this color can lead to headaches and overwork. The excessive presence of it in clothing or interior wearys, causes irritation, and even complete rejection of the wearer.
In lovers of red color the character is dominated by intolerance, irritability, flashiness, aggression. This color of energetic strong-willed and active people who do not accept criticism, are confident in themselves and like to be in the spotlight. In the Middle Ages, the use of red on flags and standarts symbolized military power.
Influence of white
The perception of white is closely related to cultural traditions and rituals. For some religions, white symbolizes purity and innocence, and for others it is the color of mourning.
In Slavic culture it was associated with good and chastity, so it is customary for brides to be dressed in white dresses.
Today, white is one of the colors of reassurance, appeasement, rest and relaxation. Therefore, after a long working day or everyday worries, coming home, it is worth cleaning up in light.
The influence of black color
This color is very ambiguous. Its perception depends on the characteristics of each individual. Someone sees grace and peace in it, and for someone it is the color of impure power and gloom.
Abuse of black can lead to bad mood, despondency, apathy, lingering depression, and a general decline in forces.
Influence of other colors
- Blue – color of rest and harmony, calms the nervous system, relieves nervousness and havoc, reduces appetite, stimulates brain activity. Its excess is capable of distorting the real world and contributing to illusions.
- Blue — lightness and weightlessness. Helps relieve fatigue at the end of the day, create a sense of security, relieve irritability, reduce anxiety.
- Yellow — stirs the nervous system and appetite, stimulates mental activity, energizes, stimulates creative advances. Shades of this color affect areas of the brain that are responsible for memory and mental productivity.
- Orange is a positive and an inspiration. Strengthens the overall tone of a person, has a beneficial effect on mental qualities, concentration of attention, reduces irritability.
- Pink is romance and tenderness. With frequent use of its shades, you can get a sense of dissatisfaction and fatigue.
- Green — youth and freshness. All shades of this color favorably affect visual receptors. Associated with security. Dark shades are capable of causing depression.