profession of archivists is relevant and in demand at any time. Archives exist in each institution, because in the process of work records accumulate. So, you need an employee who will be able to systematize and store them correctly. Archives are departmental, municipal state and non-state. Of course, in different archives, the archivist’s work has its own specifics. But unites such employees the main goal is the preservation of documents. Consider 5 facts about the archivist’s work in the historical archive.
1. The employee of such an archive stores and interacts with documents of a certain historical period, a certain industry. Thus, the archive of recent history keeps documentary evidence for the period from 1917 to today. The Economics History Archive specializes in the preservation of documents on the history of the economy. The Archive of Ancient Acts holds documents from the 9th to the 20th century. Historical and archival or historical education is a priority for the employees of historical archives.
2. Archivists within the same institution perform different activities. Each historical archive employs staff responsible for preservation, staffing, restoration, and scientific use and publication of archival documents.
3. Archivist is an entertaining and fascinating profession. After all, in archival documents is a true history, which can not always be read in textbooks. And sometimes among the documents are quite interesting finds. Thus, in the pre-revolutionary court cases of one of the archives there are physical evidence: a tooth, a knife, a lock of beards and a woman’s braid. Indeed, the proceedings about the fight.
4. Archivists of historical archives prepare exhibitions, publications, record television and radio broadcasts, give lectures, talks and school lessons. So another function is to popularize the historical and documentary heritage and participate in the upbringing of the younger generation.
5. Archivists help people. For example, find information on family history to compile a genealogical tree, information about working in institutions, joining a party, Komsomol organizations and others.
So, we conclude that the profession “archivist” is in demand and varied. And, of course, requires specific knowledge, skills and skills. By the way, there are many young people working in the archives today, as new technologies require new views and approaches. Today, the latest technologies are used not only for the digitization of documents, but also for the production of exhibitions, journalistic activities, development of the Internet. By preserving the past, archivists are keeping pace with the times.