Pros of Grandmother’s parenting
- Parents can safely work and build a career knowing that the child is dressed, fed, is under the supervision of a native and a close person.
- The older generation has great life experience. They know how to deal with children.
- Grandparents are not as demanding and strict as parents. They try to accept toddlers as they are. Often praised. In this regard, the child has a positive self-esteem.
- Communication with the older generation forms the basic moral and moral values of the child.
- Grandparents make a great contribution to the education of grandchildren. Read books, tell tales, go to mugs, do lessons with them.
Cons of grandmother’s parenting
- Views on parenting and older people often diverge. And it turns out that all week Grandma uses her methods, and at the weekend Mom and Dad start re-educating. The child in this situation is going to suffer.
- Uncherished love and permissiveness can lead to unmanageable behavior by Chad.
- Grandparents are very anxious and imaginary. And can limit the toddler’s inquisitiveness and activity. Because of this, it can grow non-independent and passive.
- The old methods of child care are largely outdated. They were replaced by modern “helpers” and gadgets (diapers, videos, etc.). It’s hard for the older generation to get used to it.
- Often, modern grandmothers are not old ladies who want to dedicate the rest of their lives to grandchildren. They work, have many hobbies and hobbies, and don’t always seek to help with children on a daily basis. Therefore, try to compensate their rare attention with pampering and gifts.
To make advantages more
If ways and methods of upbringing differ with grandparents, do not make claims in categorical form. The views of the older generation are other and that’s fine. Try to talk quietly and explain that parents are the main ones in raising a child. Therefore, their requirements must be considered. Work out a common approach. Tell us what educational settings are not acceptable.
Don’t set too many limits. It is important for the grandmother to feel like a “grandmother”, to contribute to the upbringing of the younger generation. Ask her for advice sometimes, it doesn’t matter if you use it or not. It will be nice for her.
Give your grandparents thanks for the help. After all, it’s not their duty, it’s goodwill. Communicate with them respectfully. Never criticize at a child.
Let the older generation be your assistant, not a rival.