The chemical composition of our hair is keratin protein. Behind it comes water and fatty acids. In case of damage to the structure of the hair natural oils are able to restore it, retain moisture, fill with missing elements.
Types of oils to protect and restore hair
Hair oils are vegetable and essential.
Vegetable oils for hair
oily oils, which are obtained from the fruits of seeds and plants. They consist of fats with additional vitamins and minerals. Vegetable oils can be used for hair and scalp: they nourish, moisturize, strengthen, eliminate dandruff and itching.
Popular are: castor, burdock, coconut, almond. They contain substances necessary for hair: tannic and resinous elements, protein compounds, carbohydrates.
Vegetable oils in turn are divided into two groups:
Penetrating. Fill the cortex of the hair, nourish, deeply moisturize and restore from the inside. These include: coconut oil, avocado, shea, olive, macadamia.
Superficial. Protect hair outside, envelop it, retain natural moisture inside, restore lipid sheath. It’s argan oil, jojoba, castor, grape seeds.
Important detail: penetrating oils take 5 to 14 hours to soak their hair. It’s useless to keep them less time.
As vegetable oils help hair
- with dryness of hair save shea oil, coconut, grape seed, soy, sesame; oil
- will suit for oily hair macadamia, almond, burdock;
- damaged or very dry hair restores argan oil, cocoa, jojoba, avocado;
- prevention against loss: burdock, castor, mustard, sea buckthorn;
- with disturbing itching and dandruff: jojoba oil, avocado.
How to properly use
penetrating oils well apply to severely damaged hair like a mask. Apply to dry unwashed hair, leave overnight. Then rinse thoroughly with shampoo and finish with conditioner. Do the course 1 once a week for up to 2 months.
Surface oils can be applied as an unwashed conditioner on clean dry hair. They facilitate styling, reduce harm from ultraviolet.
Before using the oil is advised to warm up, in a warm form they are more active.
Essential oils for hair
fragrant oils are obtained from etheroilseeds, they differ from vegetable plants in their volatility, high concentration and overactivity. Essential oils are used in combination with oily base. In pure form, they can be added when combing by dropping a couple of drops on the comb.
How essential oils help hair
All essential oils are beneficial for hair and scalp and have antibacterial, immunostimulating, anti-inflammatory, tonic, antioxidant action.
- oily hair will be suitable: lemon oil, mint, cedar, ginger;
- dry hair will be useful: orange oil, tangerine, chamomile, rose, sandala;
- damaged hair will restore: geranium oil, rosewood, lavender;
- when dandruff comes to the rescue: basil oil, tea tree, eucalyptus, chamomile;
- stimulate hair growth: geranium oil, tea tree, cinnamon, eucalyptus.
How to use properly
- When preparing a hair mask: a couple of drops of oil add to the mixture before applying.
- As a rinse: add to water or decoction from herbs, having previously diluted the oil into a teaspoon of salt or soda.
- To enhance the action of the conditioner: pour a few drops into the portion.
How to choose hair oil
- Find out your hair type and make sure to mention it in the instructions to the oil.
- Choose oil depending on the effect you would like to get.
- Look at the composition of the product: the product must be 100% natural without the addition of suspicious components and flavors.
There is an opinion that oils dry hair. Yes, oil may not fit, so it’s important to pick your own. You can test dozens of oils until you find a suitable one. Be beautiful!