Most effective and commonly used ingredients:
- Lactic acid (alpha-hydroxypropionic acid). Exfoliates, disinfects, and prevents bacterial reproduction.
- Glycolic acid (hydroxyacetic acid). It has exfoliating effect — inhibits the activity of enzymes that maintain the integrity of corneocytes, resulting in peeling off the epidermis.
- Almond acid. In its structure it is similar to many antibiotics, has a strong antibacterial effect, gently exfoliates the epidermis and suppresses seborrhea.
- Salicylic acid — belongs to the group of beta-hydroxy acids. It exfoliates, penetrates the sebum layer and into deeper layers of the skin. Unlocks blocked sebaceous glands, cleans pores, reduces eels, has antibacterial and anti-inflammatory properties.
- Benzoyl peroxide – exfoliates epidermis, cleans pores and reduces seborrhea, and inhibits bacterial reproduction.
- Retinoids — derivatives of vitamin A. They exfoliate the epidermis. Their effect depends on shape and concentration. Cosmetics sold without a prescription are most commonly used retinol palmitate, retinol and retinaldehyde, which have a relatively mild effect. Prescription ointments from acne contain more concentrated retinoids — tretinoin (retinoic acid), isotretinoin, tazarotene, adapalene. They are more effective, but can severely dry, exfoliate and irritate the skin, so during treatment you should additionally use the soothing and moisturizing cosmetics recommended dermatologist.
- Sulphur. It has antiseptic and anti-inflammatory properties, regulates sebaceous glands, narrows pores and matts. Amino acids rich in sulfur are also added to cosmetics against eels.
- Camphor. Anti-inflammatory agent, slightly exfoliates, suppresses seborrhea, regulates sebum secretion, narrows dilated pores.
- Kaolin is clay with strong properties that absorb excess sebum. It has a bactericidal effect, cleanses and closes the pores of the skin.
- Propolis — includes, among other things, flavonoids, vitamins, organic acids, proteins, enzymes, amino acids. It has antiseptic properties, prevents excessive seborrhea and restores the skin.
- Essential oils. – have antibacterial and antifungal properties, reduce skin inflammation and sebum secretion, prevent the formation of eels.
Cosmetics for pimples and oily skin care include, among other things: rosemary, lemon, bergamot, tea tree, juniper, thyme and lavender oils.