Cats and dogs, fish and parrots – for a long time have not been the only pets dreamed of having in a house or apartment. Fashion for exotic pets has expanded that list. Now it is possible to meet even such representatives in nature which it is better not to meet.
What you need to know before choosing an exotic pet
Every pet is a great responsibility. Before purchasing the selected animal, it is necessary to study information about the characteristics of this species: food, conditions of maintenance and care. Therefore, before going to the pet store for the animal, it is worth thinking through the following points:
- How much time and money will it take for the animal, whether there will be enough resources for its content. If you acquire an animal and not pay attention to it, do not care for it, it may become sick and even perish.
- Determine the level of danger for family members and others. If young children live in the house, it is worth taking care of the choice.
- Is it possible to create and maintain a natural habitat smoothly for the selected animal.
- Find out what exactly the animal feeds on. Pre-purchase the necessary products or “delicacies”, do not forget to replenish them in time. It is also necessary to watch carefully that the “exota” menu does not get something forbidden or from the table.
- Observe hygiene rules. In case of a bite or scratch, immediately rinse and process the wound.
- One must remember that exotic animals are not like ordinary pets. They cannot be trained and cannot be tamed.
- Purchase and carefully study specialized literature or get the advice of a competent specialist on animal living, rules of care and instructions in case of occurrence contingencies.
When all the details are thought out, you can go to a pet store or a specialist nursery. You can buy an animal only in such places. This is especially true for exotic animals, which may show signs of aggression or be poisonous.
Types of unusual pets First of
all, it is worth getting acquainted with the personal stories of those people who have already started unusual animals. They can not only share the experience, but also suggest how to properly acquire, adapt and live on one living area such a pet. Describe the pros and cons of maintenance and care, the better to feed and how to behave.
apartments are ideal for small size “exota”, for example:
- Akhatin snail: recognized as one of the largest molluscs. Achatins are not fastidious in food or care. Unlike any other snail species, Achatina can be used to perform effective facial and body massage. In beauty salons, this service is not cheap.
- Hedgehog: You can purchase a selective African dwarf person or the most common hedgehog. The African species is not found in nature and has propensity for different diseases. The main minus of such a pet is stomping.
- Iguana: a beautiful animal, but has a lot of cons. To ensure that the iguana does not get sick, it is necessary to monitor the temperature in the living room. The animal comes from warm countries, so in Russia without additional heating it is cold. Can be attached to the host.
- Ferret: a smart and resourceful animal, distinguished by irrepressible energy, always ready to play. These animals are easy to get together with dogs and cats. Cons can be called non-cheap special fodder and problems with mallet. Without mating, the ferret can begin serious problems with the body, which may cause it to become ill and even die.
- Raccoon: an omnivore and tame beast. Raccoons attach themselves to their masters, but there are drachlies. Curiosity and irrepressible activity can serve as a source of some inconvenience.
- Snake: produce such an animal only for aesthetic, extreme or contemplative reasons. Absolutely wild, not amenable to any kind of training animal, which needs constant maintenance of high temperature values not only in the terrarium, but also around it.
- Spider: the most common species is the tarantula. Such an animal must be kept only in the terrarium, preventing walks in the living room. He can lurk or leave the apartment discreetly, he can not be noticed and step on. The bite of such a spider is not fatal, but can have its consequences. This is especially the case for children.
Other species are present in the list of popular exotic animals:
- Bengal cat, ocelot;
- toy, lori, lemur;
- squirrels: flying and degu;
- fox, fenek;
- chinchilla, capibara;
- crocodile, caiman;
Wealthy Chinese can afford as a pet even a panda. In China it is legally possible to rent this cute animal for 10 years. True, the amount is almost sky-high.
Regardless of which species the pet refers to, it is necessary to approach its acquisition and maintenance responsibly. Such animals cannot take care of themselves and are completely dependent on the host.